Thesis Code: 19012
Thesis Type: Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Cyber Range
Research Area: Cybersecurity
- Experience with Distributed Systems and Applications
- Experience with Virtualization and System Administration
- Knowledge of Defensive and Offensive Cybersecurity
- Basic knowledge of Cybersecurity Exercises (Red and Blue Teams)
- Curiosity-driven mindset
A cyber range  is an interacting, simulated representation of real-world systems used for training IT and cybersecurity professionals, assessing incident response processes, and testing new technologies. A cyber range recreates the experience of responding to a cyber-attack by replicating the security operations center (SOC) environment, the organizational network, and the attack itself. As a result, a cyber range enables hands-on training in a controlled and secure environment.
The thesis will be structured as follows:
- state-of-the-art analysis of existing cyber ranges;
- design of a reference architecture of a cyber range;
- first small-scale implementation of the cyber range;
- testing and validation.
- NIST, Cyber Ranges; available at: https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2018/02/13/cyber_ranges.pdf
Contact: send a resume with attached the list of exams to email@example.com specifying the thesis code and title.