Thesis Code: 22005
Thesis Type: M.Sc. thesis in Computer Engineering, ICT for Smart Societies, e-Health Engineering or equivalent
Research Area: Future Cities & Communities (FCC)
- Knowledge of Java Spring
- Software development skills
- Interest in web-app developing
- Basic knowledge of REST architecture
Telemedicine is the practice of medicine using technology to deliver care remotely. Telemedicine services work as support with the traditional healthcare services, providing a broader approach to deliver medical treatments.
The practice of telemedicine, where applicable, benefits both the patient and the healthcare system in multiple ways:
- Lower healthcare costs
- No time and financial expenses for the patient to reach the hospital.
- Provide your patients better access to healthcare services
- Avoid the risks of exposure to contagious patients, by not coming to the hospital.
- Reduce number of patients inside of hospitals.
For its characteristics, telemedicine is very suitable for follow-up visits, for the management of chronic illnesses and medication management. In this category of patients, we find those who suffer from chronic cardiovascular diseases. These patients need to monitor their health status continuously for a lifetime.
The trend of adoption of telemedicine practices among hospitals has seen a major increase during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The thesis will be structured as follows:
- State-of-the-art analysis of EMR already used;
- Design and development of a first prototype;
- Testing of the prototype;
- Drawing conclusions and formulating a research roadmap.
Contact: send a resume with attached the list of exams to email@example.com specifying the thesis code and title.