SaMBA aims to promote mobility behaviour change in the Alpine Space (AS) area by reducing the perceived gap between sustainable transport modes and private cars through reward/pricing policies that are equitable and directly related to the external costs of transport. SaMBA brings together 13 partners, 41 observers and 9 pilot cases from 5 countries in order to develop, through a participative and cooperative approach:
- policy impact estimation method and tool;
- policy recommendations which consider territorial peculiarities and different needs of people;
- handbook for policy implementation.
The main AS decision makers and stakeholders will be involved throughout the project in order to ensure SaMBA’s transnational impact regarding
- the improvement of awareness in Public Administrations (PAs) about the potential of behaviour change policies;
- the promotion, elaboration and implementation of harmonised policies throughout the AS area and their transferability to other contexts;
- the modal shift towards sustainable transport options in the pilot cases and in AS areas beyond the project.