PhotoNext – Optical Networks and
The PhotoNext Lab, a 300 sqm laboratory run in collaboration with Turin Polytechnic, has state-of-the-art equipment for the study of fibre optic communication systems and for the design of optical sensors and components for industrial and biomedical applications.
The main research areas are:
- simulation and testing of broadband and long-range optical communication systems;
- study of new and more efficient coherent optical transmission techniques;
- use of machine learning techniques for control and management of a fibre transportation network;
- transmission on multimodal fibre links that use VCSEL as a data source;
- optical quantum information processing e quantum key distribution;
- design and characterisation of bioresorbable fibres for tumour diagnosis and therapy.