Thesis Code: 20014
Thesis Type: Master Thesis for Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
Research Area: Advanced Computing and Applications
- MS students in Telecommunication Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- Experience with main programming languages (Matlab /Fortran/C/C++)
- Basic knowledge of EM fields
- Good knowledge of linear algebra and linear systems
Solutions to Maxwell’s equations are known only for a few simple geometries; this is where the scientific discipline known as Computational Electromagnetics (CEM) comes into play, aiming at a numerical solution of the equation in presence of non-trivial geometries/materials.
The thesis aims at developing fast and efficient algorithms for the solution of Maxwell’s equations, with special attention to:
- large patch antenna arrays
- large and complex structures (e.g., satellites, aircrafts, etc.)
Contact: send a resume with attached the list of exams to email@example.com specifying the thesis code and title.