Thesis Code: 20012
Thesis Type: Computer Science, Cybersecurity
Research Area: Cybersecurity
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity and Internetworking
- Basic knowledge of Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT)
- Curiosity-driven mindset
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a quickly growing segment of today’s Internet, enabling connectivity between smart devices. Digital Trust among IoT devices needs to be built and data properly protected. Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLTs) play an important role to secure IoT. Among the different DLTs, the IOTA Ledger  is well suited to serve the IoT of the world by providing a simple and efficient way to build digital trust among devices and secure the integrity and verifiability of data exchanged.
The thesis will be structured as it follows:
- analysis of the IOTA Ledger: the Tangle;
- deployment of a private Tangle;
- design and development of an application to securely interact with the Tangle: write & read stream of IoT data;
- in-lab testing verification and measurement of the performance of the approach.
 IOTA Foundation, IOTA Tangle; available at https://www.iota.org
Contact: send a resume with attached the list of exams to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the thesis code and title.